« Am I fashionably late? | Main | Oxford and Beyond: A Photgraphic Miscellany »

December 13, 2008

Great pics from the museum! :-)

I totally put my thesis off, which I _do not_ recommend. The one thing that saved me is that I had read Godel's Proof and Godel, Escher, Bach a few times while I was there and took good notes. You'd be surprised how much good note taking will make the task of writing easier, and how much your ideas can mature over the course of a year when you go back and dust off old notebooks. Ann herself told me she always thought it could just take two weeks to write a thesis if you had the researching done.

The comments to this entry are closed.

• The opinions expressed by the Shimer bloggers are theirs alone, are subject to change upon each blogger's reflection, and do not reflect the opinions of Shimer College. Shimer is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any of the information supplied on this blog and strongly encourages you to contact the Shimer Admission Office directly if you have questions about Shimer. The entries on this blog belong to their authors and to Shimer College. Shimer encourages and deeply values discussion, but the college is not responsible for what is posted by commenters and reserves the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever. Deletions will likely be made if commentary is commercial, irrelevant, abusive, profane, rude, or destructively inaccurate. Shimer students on the regular staff of this blog are modestly compensated for their efforts.