« Shimer = Magic. | Main | Shimmy Shimmy »

March 22, 2009

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a010534b2c34a970c01156f390e68970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Typical Career-Related Inner Turmoil of a Liberal Arts Major:

Comments

Paul Eschen

I know exactly where you're coming from. I just graduated college and I still have no idea what I want to do, but I will admit, like you, the idea of being a high school teacher always seemed both exciting and practical. The only thing that makes it sound less desirable is the fact that you don't make as much, but if you can live with that, then I still stand by the career move. Hang in there, you will figure it out!

Homeschool High School

We homeschooled our kids through high school and provided a very liberal education. What we found was that our kids took that love of great literature with them into college and really enjoyed engaging the professors and other students. They haven’t had the same struggles with career. My eldest is studying to be an engineer (a very well rounded engineer) and my youngest aspires to go to Law School. The key was helping them discover their area of passion, which we felt fortunate to have found early for each. Thank you for the honest look of the education-career dilemma.

Steve Marsel

Being a professional photographer all my adult life, I advise anyone thinking about the field the same advice I give each and every intern, student, and assistant that walks through my door. Do what you love and love what you do. Don't ever EXPECT to get rich, but live the life you imagine and enjoy the ride. Life is short. Live your dreams!

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Disclaimer

• The opinions expressed by the Shimer bloggers are theirs alone, are subject to change upon each blogger's reflection, and do not reflect the opinions of Shimer College. Shimer is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any of the information supplied on this blog and strongly encourages you to contact the Shimer Admission Office directly if you have questions about Shimer. The entries on this blog belong to their authors and to Shimer College. Shimer encourages and deeply values discussion, but the college is not responsible for what is posted by commenters and reserves the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever. Deletions will likely be made if commentary is commercial, irrelevant, abusive, profane, rude, or destructively inaccurate. Shimer students on the regular staff of this blog are modestly compensated for their efforts.