« Crime and Punishment: Rejected Ending | Main | Babysitting makes Lebezyatnikov make sense »

April 01, 2009

Comments

Sacco

Doesn't it seem like Shimer should be a coffee shop? The sort of thinking and conversations that seem to go on at Shimer are definitely congruent with those at coffee shops. Ah! But your theories on love! I cannot comment. Mind is too weary. I feel like I should be reading a Bob Dylan song. I love reading these things though, keep on writing them. Entertaining to say the least. Hmm... the Turks got something right with their coffee houses. Why doesn't Shimer focus on Middle-eastern writing? Is the sick-man of Europe too sick for the Western Canon?

Cassie

You know, Jake, if I ever get Asia and Phthalo to blog about their Orientalist dorm room, I suspect you will really like it.

Sacco

You foiled my alias. What a bummer! Yes, I suppose I will. I have heard, but have not seen, this masterpiece they call a dorm.

Antique Glass Bottles Guru

Lovely article. I especially like the photos. These cafes look really great, thanks for the tips.

TribalCrossMan

ah, a topic after my own heart! My student days were just manageable because of my coffee consumption after a night on the town.

AnaSousa

Me encanta el olor de las maderas antiguas y todo relacionado con el vintage

The comments to this entry are closed.

Disclaimer

• The opinions expressed by the Shimer bloggers are theirs alone, are subject to change upon each blogger's reflection, and do not reflect the opinions of Shimer College. Shimer is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any of the information supplied on this blog and strongly encourages you to contact the Shimer Admission Office directly if you have questions about Shimer. The entries on this blog belong to their authors and to Shimer College. Shimer encourages and deeply values discussion, but the college is not responsible for what is posted by commenters and reserves the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever. Deletions will likely be made if commentary is commercial, irrelevant, abusive, profane, rude, or destructively inaccurate. Shimer students on the regular staff of this blog are modestly compensated for their efforts.