« The Not-So-Obvious Reason Why NaNo Write-Ins Are Useful | Main | How one paper can take away all of your semester... »

November 13, 2009

Ben Marquez

In basic training the drill instructors would often refer to "Jody" in everything we would do; and this would drive us crazy because they would incessantly harp on the fact that "Jody" was courting someone else now, and that we should forget our girlfriends.

Dear John letters were a common occurrence at mail call...many a teary eyed recruit.

Correction:"Cherokee" should be changed to Apache...no worries...

Ben Marquez

Grandpa Marquez: WW11 Pacific Theater:US Army

Grandpa Casuse: WW11:US Army

Charles M. King:Iraq War
:my drill instructor

BEN! Apache, indeed - I knew that, so I don't know why I said Cherokee. My bad, as they say. Peace, and see you soon.

Sorry I didn't call in! I look forward to the next one!

it is just waste of time

Somnath Brahma

Thanks a lot for sharing the information. You can learn more about Veterans Day by visiting Happy Veterans Day

The comments to this entry are closed.

• The opinions expressed by the Shimer bloggers are theirs alone, are subject to change upon each blogger's reflection, and do not reflect the opinions of Shimer College. Shimer is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any of the information supplied on this blog and strongly encourages you to contact the Shimer Admission Office directly if you have questions about Shimer. The entries on this blog belong to their authors and to Shimer College. Shimer encourages and deeply values discussion, but the college is not responsible for what is posted by commenters and reserves the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever. Deletions will likely be made if commentary is commercial, irrelevant, abusive, profane, rude, or destructively inaccurate. Shimer students on the regular staff of this blog are modestly compensated for their efforts.