« Community Tuesday - Kisa pou nou fe? | Main | Shimer Interview - Naomi Neal »

February 10, 2010

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a010534b2c34a970c0120a889b742970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Musical Snobbery:

Comments

Shimer College

I have a friend from college who saw Cake before they were all that well known. I believe she was still in high school at the time. She remembers this particularly vividly because her boyfriend, who was dancing up near the stage, was told by a member of the bank that his hair smelled good. Also, seven years ago, Cake was one of the things that people were telling each other to listen to. Um. Still instead of Metallica, but, yeah. --Cassie

Adrian Nelson

Don't feel too bad about it. I too lack all taste in music, although I like whatever I'm played; I'm just bad at picking stuff. There aren't a lot of Indigo Girls fans out there.

Howard Ruan

I listen to obscure things, but I'm also a sucker for some of today's popular music (and I possess a guilty pleasure of the '80s). It did surprise me, however, that Shimerians have such a wide range of musical interests - no doubt reflective of the all-encompassing, far-reaching interests that Shimerians tote.

Yassend15

Metallica have come a long day and I respect their work a lot. They are one of the Big Four! Check 'em out here: http://qello.com/vip/metalgetapp

The comments to this entry are closed.

Disclaimer

• The opinions expressed by the Shimer bloggers are theirs alone, are subject to change upon each blogger's reflection, and do not reflect the opinions of Shimer College. Shimer is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any of the information supplied on this blog and strongly encourages you to contact the Shimer Admission Office directly if you have questions about Shimer. The entries on this blog belong to their authors and to Shimer College. Shimer encourages and deeply values discussion, but the college is not responsible for what is posted by commenters and reserves the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever. Deletions will likely be made if commentary is commercial, irrelevant, abusive, profane, rude, or destructively inaccurate. Shimer students on the regular staff of this blog are modestly compensated for their efforts.